My first topic that I wanted to choose for my literacy narrative was the experience I had with the book Holes. I really enjoyed reading this book back in grade school, even though most of the subjects and books that we had to read back then were boring, this was the one book that stood above the rest. This was the one book that I actually read back in grade school, I know that's bad, but I was a kid! This book wasn't boring like the other books we had to read, and I really liked how the main character, Stanley, was able to get out of the financial situation that his family was in.
Another topic I was going to write about was my obsession with comic books and manga. I loved to watch anime and cartoons as a child, but growing up those things seem to fade away. But when I first saw that they had those cartoons and anime in comic form, I got very excited. I felt like a kid again, being able to relive the moments I had as a kid always wishing I could be one of those super heroes kicking butt and saving the day. Now that I am much older I don't fantasize about that notion as much, but I still do enjoy reading a comic here and there whenever I go inside a book store or when I am browsing the web.
I have not really thought of a third topic for my literacy narrative, but if I come across one, I will make sure to post another blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment